As I’ve talked about here, I’m setting a goal to accomplish 101 things in 1001 days. Here’s the list!
Have a baby (or two).. Life has seriously changed. This will have to be postponed.
Start my PhD.. No longer a goal.
- Move back to texas (or another state that we’ve fallen in love with)
We decided to stay put . This is back on.
- Grow my hair past waistlength. Bang/front to apl [0/5 inches]
Buy a suv [Done]
- Travel to Europe
- Become a paid writer
- Have my blog be income-generating
- Wear dresses every day for a month [0/30]
- Save $5,000 [0/5000]
Get LASIK surgery. DONE 1/13!
- Start yoga
Renew vows in a tropical place. No longer a goal.
- Visit italy
- Learn to knit
- Write a book [1/13- in progress]
Get my car up to code and fixed [almost there; need new inspection as the last thing] Done- bought new car 1/12
Get new drivers license and bank cards in correct name DONE
- Get KSSS off he ground and running
- Go to bed by 10 pm regularly
Take my wife on a romantic vacation No longer a goal.
Go on weekly dates with wife No longer a goal.
- Go to a shooting range
Get hair professionally done occasionally [count: 5]regular habit now! DONE
- Get regular pedicures
- See Rocky Horror Picture Show
Throw a party DONE- Had a 34th birthday party
Have a taboo sexual encounter with the wife No longer a goal.
- Meet online friends in real life
- Sing in front of people
Get cavities filled turns out I don’t have any 12/12
- Get rid of joint credit card debt
- Maintain a gratitude journal for 30 days
- Truly forgive 3 people
- Celebrate New Years Eve in style
Create a baby book for LA [A did this]
- Move into a house with a front and back yard in a safe neighborhood [in progress]
- Enroll LA in a good school/kindergarten [in progress]
- Buy and maintain houseplants [in progress. we have 2!]
Go on another cruise [Done 12/12]
- Continue genealogy project [in progress. working on it for family reunion on 8/12]
Go on an overnight hotel getaway ALONE DONE Spring 2012
- Go skiing again
- Organize a cousins reunion
- Take LA to Disneyworld
- Start and complete 5 crochet projects [1/5]
Apply to 3 jobs a week until I find one that I’m happy with [Done]
Have a make-up consultation No longer a goal.
Have someone dress/pick out outfits that compliment me [done thanks to Minister of Style]
- See new years in a sunny location
- Go to 4 concerts [0/4]
- See Alvin Ailey again
- Go out to the Halloween parade in the village
- By 27 new pairs of earrings [10/27]
Upgrade our wedding rings No longer a goal.
- Buy flowers for the family weekly
- Visit my grandparents gravesite annually
- Meditate regularly
- Research permanent hair removal
- Take steps to get ankh tattoo removed or altered
Surprise my wife with monthly random gifts [count: 1] No longer a goal.
- Comment on at least 3 blogs daily
- Attend BlogHer
- Mentor a teenager
- Write new poetry [count: 3]
- Perform poetry in front of people
Go to Nuyorican Soul Café DONE 1/13
- Visit a spiritual advisor
- Have a reading done
- Set up an alter [did a fertility one, but have another I want to do]
Create a new vision board DONE 9/12
- Plan a baby dedication for Avery [in progress]
- Write my god-daughters real letters
- Write real letters to loved ones
- Write an erotica short story
- Get a new tattoo
Publish an article [DONE]
Wear red lipstick [DONE]
- Learn a pole dancing routine
Have teeth whitened No longer a goal.
Start a personal savings account [DONE]
- Take a voice/singing class
- Learn not to interrupt when people are talking
- Get over my fear of flying, unmedicated
Change careers [DONE 6/27/12]
- Donate to charity—GEM
- Pledge a sorority
- Buy a record player
- Build my jazz vinyl collection
- Write daily affirmations for 30 days [0/30]
- Buy a new camera
- Get my credit score up to 700 [close!]
- Go camping with friends and other families
- Decorate my home so it’s a haven of serenity
Wear high heels for a week straight [DONE since 4/18/11]
- Add 10 pairs of heels to my shoe collection [5/10]
- Get a new passport with my new name
- Hit 100,000 views on my blog [count: 80,890]
- Clean out my gmail inbox
Make regular trips to goodwill to purge items from home [DONE]
Adopt a family for christmas [DONE]