love, life, and the pursuit of liberation
I took my blood test this morning and wil get the results of the clomid challenge later this afternoon. Based on my ocular reactions, Dr. On-it said that I can’t take that anymore. She was unsure of what type of meds to put me on at first because of my “poor” response before (I put that in quotes because I’m in doubt about everything from Dr. GAP). She finally decided on Follistim but only with a very low dose 75 and with extra monitoring (every 2 day ultrasounds). She’s doing this because I have a high risk of multiples based on my last follie count, and I’m not open to reduction. At the same time, I don’t want anything more than twins (and I’m aware of the risks with even that). So this regimen will hopefully reduce the risk of high order multiples. (God, I never thought I would be having this issue).
A sucky thing about the Follistim is that I have to take a stupid injection class that’s during work hours. But if this will bring us closer to having a baby, then so be it.
I’m on CD10 today and I’m looking forward to this being my last non-ttc cycle!