Anyone that’s been following me or any other ttc woman, knows all about IPS (imaginary pregnancy symptoms). I’ve tried not to give in to writing about them because I don’t want false hope, though some may counter that faith is just that, hope regardless of “logic.” On the other hand, it’s been very helpful for me to have past records of my IPS so that I can compare and contrast them. So I’ve decided to list them here, though I’m countering each one with possible non-pregnancy related explanations. Keeping this “balanced” approach is what’s keeping me sane.
- Fatigue. I’m so damn tired, I could sleep where I stand. I tell myself it’s because I have a lot on my plate and it’s just catching up with me. I’m not one to go to be early but for the past two days, I can’t keep my eyes open and even 7 or 8 hours don’t feel enough. Tonight I went to bed at 8 but couldn’t stay asleep because of the next two “symptoms.”
- Cold. I’ve had a nasty cold for the past 3 or 4 days. At first I thought that perhaps I have undiagnosed allergies because I’ve heard the pollen counts are astronomically high right now. But I threw that theory out the window when 1) A or LA aren’t sick and they both have nasty allergies and 2) Dr. Google quizzes all point to a cold. This cold friggin sucks. I’m not congested as much as I’m barking like a seal and it’s a “productive” cough as they say. All this is culminating in the next “symptom.”
- Headache. My head hurts so bad I feel like I need to drill holes in it to relieve the pressure. I don’t usually get headaches, and eating/drinking is helping some, but it still radiates and hurts.
- Sore breasts. Now this one I’ve discounted the most because I know progesterone is the cause of this for any menstruating woman, pregnant or not. But then my shooting pain and soreness went away for the last couple of days, but came back today “different.” I can’t quite describe but there’s something different about the current soreness. It’s almost as if I have rocks in my breasts (no lumps, but just the feeling). And of course LA must know this somehow because she’s been grabbing and hitting and bumping up against them and elbowing them. Gotta love kids.
- Ovulation-type cramping. Yesterday, I had the most intense ovulation-type cramping. Now I’m used to the normal twinges and things down there and vividly remember having them during my previous ttc attempts. Yesterday felt just like ovulation, really intense and really “focused.” I wonder if it has something to do with the corpus luteum reforming or absorbing or something. This is the only one that I can’t figure out a non-pregnancy related answer.
- Bloated. But what woman isn’t bloated at some point during the month?
So those are my IPS for now. I have another week to go before I get the blood test at the RE office. I don’t want to POAS (pee on a stick) at home because I took an hcg booster shot last Tuesday per doctor’s orders, so I don’t want a false positive in case there is still hcg in my urine left over from that.
Any advice is welcome but please try not to “guarantee” I’m pregnant because it just makes it hurt that much more when/if I find out I’m not.