love, life, and the pursuit of liberation
Thank you one of my favorite people,Cathy over at Minister of Style, for tagging me!
1. What inspired you to start a blog and share your style with the world?
I first started my blog as a way for me to work out my feelings and thoughts about things. Writing helps me sort out the gunk in my brain. This is my third blog (if you count our wedding blog) and I wanted to share my experiences with being a lesbian of color and trying to conceive. There are so few of us out there and I wanted to lend voice to our unique issues. Though this isn’t a style blog, my life is my “style” I suppose.
2. If you dumped your handbag right this second, what contents would fall out of your makeup bag?
About 3 different lip glosses, some Mary Kay lipstick, lip liner, eyeliner, mascara, blotting papers, a couple of eyeshadow palettes, eyeshadow primer, and an eyelash curler. Oh yeah, some blush and a few makeup brushes. What can I say? I’m a total car make-up putter on (yeah I coined that phrase. Don’t be jealous.)
3. Which celebrity do you wish you had on speed dial to call for shopping dates?
Goodness, I’m not even sure. I guess that’s very telling of my lack of style. I’m working it though. That’s my fall goal.
4. Favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor?
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
5. What are you most looking forward to pulling out of your closet this fall?I love tights and my purple tweed fall coat. Love it!!
6. Describe your personal style in three words.
classic (think Gap, banana, private school), evolving, and under-developed
7. What are you currently rocking on your iPod?
I’ve been into making playlists with the Genius feature on my iphone and itunes. So my current lists derive from “Window Seat” (e. badu) and “Crown Royal” (j. scott). So you see the theme– slow, melodic, neosoul, with just enough freak in it to make it grown folks music.
8. What’s your favorite way to mix high-end items with low-budget pieces?
I’m just now starting to get into high-end and I’m not sure if it counts. I like rocking my Coach bag and those types of accessories, with some basic jeans and a tee. I’m working on stepping up my game.
So now I get to tag some people. I’m choosing folks whose fashion sense I secretly admire!
J.Suga at SugaView
Autumn at Reiny Blues
Breasts Wild as Black Waves here
my wife over at her spot
If I tagged you, please respond to the same questions and link back to my blog! Please and thank you.