LA’s a big girl
I realize that I don’t talk that much about my now 20 month old. Her growth and development AMAZES me.
- She went in the refrigerator to get herself something to eat– blueberries, strawberries, string cheese, and an orange. Yes, she can peel an orange herself. She proceeded to spit the seeds on the floor like she was born in a barn. But when I told her to clean them up she went and got the broom and dustpan.
- She FINALLY called me Mama today after lots of reminders. She usually doesn’t call me anything or occasionally calls me Mommy, which is what she calls A.
- She said she wanted to “color” and got my students’ quizzes out of my work bag. Luckily, I got to the papers before she located her crayon.
- She’s very adept at finding netflix app on my phone, going into it and finding Barney and Dora. Mind you, Dora isn’t on any list on my phone so I’m not sure how she finds it.
- She went in the refrigerator, took out a gallon of milk, and an empty bottle and brought it to me. Yes, I got the hint.
- Currently, she went into a box of office supplies, found a package of post-its and is now making a grid on the floor.
- She can now count to 10 independently! She does skip “6” but hey, I’m proud of her because she’s only 20 months 🙂
- She now has “big girl hair.” This time last year, she was basically bald. Now, she has hair that requires it to be combed and braided daily. No more little puffs, no more ‘fro.
Here’s her hairstyle today inspired by
Beads, Braids, and Beyond