love, life, and the pursuit of liberation
I’ve been nominated for the Good Egg Blog Award by IVFJess, one of my new IF twitter buddies. Honestly, I don’t know what I would have done to get through this loooooong process without the support, knowledge, prayers and humor of IF sisters. It’s amazing to me how our common experience bridges gaps that class, race, religion, lifestyles, etc could easily cause. At the end of the day, we are all in the boat and wish that other women don’t have to deal with this.
But I digress.
Here are the rules:
Seven things about me (I’m trying to find things that you may not know about me)
1. When I was 12+ I wanted to be a nun when I grew up. Then I realized around 15 that I had to be Catholic. Drats.
2. I’m short! 4’11 (and a half) to be exact 😀
3. I can recite from memory almost all of the Color Purple (movie version) and have an autographed copy of the first edition novel.
4. My family is originally from Louisiana. I was born and raised in Cali, but my mom is the only one of her siblings not born in Louisiana or partially raised there.
5. I am the eldest of 5 kids. My youngest brother was born the summer before I went to college. Actually A has the same phenomenon in her family. She was an only child until she was 18 and her brother was also born the summer before she went to college, a week after she turned 18.
6. Though I was born and raised in Cali, I haven’t lived there since I was 17. Since then, I’ve lived in New York City, Chicago, various northern NJ cities, Dallas, and a brief summer in Houston. It was HELL when I had to apply for a name change because I had to find all of my drivers license from the past 10 years.
7. I’ve kept a journal since I was 12. However, I’ve neglected them since I started blogging regularly in 2005.
Bonus: This is my 3rd blog. I had one from 2005-2008 when I first trying to conceive. My wife and I had a wedding/relationship blog from 2006-2007. This one has been going since 2008 🙂
So now I get to tag other Good Eggs! Check out their blogs and give them some love.
* I was looking through my list of TTC women, I’ve discovered that almost all of them have become pregnant already or have a child (or 2)!..