envision value IS action– RYL Day 4
Today’s (or 3 days ago.. I know, I know) assignment was to rate how I think I’m doing in each of my top ten values. Then I had to write what my values look like in action. I’ll share some of my envisioning here.
Am I currently living out my values? (Rating 1-10)
- Freedom… 8: Looks like making choices aligned with my values, not fear.
- God… 6-7: Looks like daily spiritual practice
- Peace… 6-7: Looks like using kind and thoughtful language
- Love… 5-6: Looks like supporting in the absence of judgement
- Self… 5-6: Looks like taking time to honor myself daily
- Security… 4-5: Looks like feeling confident about dealing with personal finances
- Family… 4-5: Looks like regular communication with all of my siblings, not just my sister
- Empowerment… 6-7: Looks like teaching other women
- Safety… 5: Looks like living in an area where LA can safely play in our hypothetical yard
- Health… 5: Looks like being able to conceive naturally (I know, I know, I know)
After I typed this up, I accidently titled it “envision is action.” I went to the comment section of the Reset Your Life challenge and left this response
I had a lot of low ratings. Ironically enough, I had a hard time coming up with what some of those values looked like in action. That could be part of the reason why I haven’t gotten to where I want to be.. I don’t know what it truly looks like to be there, so I’m on a hamster wheel.
After typing that, I realized that my original title was right all along. Envisioning is the first action that we must take to be free. Also, it proved that the answer truly is inside of me, even when I
don’t know forget.