the first day of the rest of your life
Today, was my first unofficial day of working from home. I am closing out my old job this week and will be starting my new one next week. I had some mild success with discovering what works for me and what doesn’t. I’m listing what worked and didn’t work as a reminder for myself. If anyone else have any tried and true strategies, please share!
- Writing a schedule for the day.
- Staying off FB and Twitter.
- Listening to music.
- Getting dressed.
- Doing housework in small 30 minute intervals.
What doesn’t work:
- Working around 12/1.. I got really sleepy around here and ran out of steam soon after.
- Not prioritizing “me” things to do. I feel like the day should reflect my priorities.
- Doing the same task for hours on end. I swear if I have to read one more slave diary that my students wrote…
- Having the TV on. My productivity took a major hit with this.
- Not starting earlier. I started at 9 and I think 8 would have been optimal.
Things to try tomorrow-
- More frequent breaks.
- Breaks that reflect things that are important to me– meditating, writing.
- Changing settings/locations during my slump time or using that time to exercise.