Happy Birthday to Me
In case you missed it, Wednesday was my birthday. Oh, it’s not too late for gifts well wishes because a sista gonna party this September like it’s 1999 (coincidentally, the year I turned 21).
In honor of my birthday (my grandpa taught me that my birthday is THE most important day of my life), I’m making a list of the gifts I intend to give to myself. Some are material, some are spiritual, some are everything in between. All are about taking care of Self and honoring the woman who I’ve become and the woman who is unfolding. Without further ado, my list.
- Case for my Kindle Fire
- A new back-pack (Unfortunately, I’m relegated to using this instead of my cute shoulder bag because the pressure of all my junk on my tailbone is too intense).
- Beautiful shoes. I’m thinking of some leopard flats. I know I’m the last one on this bus.
- Biweekly mani/pedi
- Scheduled day off work every other month beyond federal holidays
- A physical at the dr (been experiencing dizzy spells) and an annual gyn (this will be the first time I have one in 4 years because it had been a regular part of my ttc journey. Since that’s on pause (ended?), it’s time for me to see a gyn only once a year again. The shock. The change!)
- Try one sport. I’m thinking skiing this winter. I did it once and LOVED it.
- Finish my novel, Pieces of Her
- Finish my non-fiction book, What I Now Know
- Enroll in seminary
This is JUST the beginning of the wonderful year that will be mine. I still have some things left on my 101 things in 1001 days that coincidentally ends September 2013. It is so ON!